Court of Protection 2017-09-29T17:08:22+00:00


The Court of Protection is a court that deals with decisions or actions taken under the Mental Capacity Act.

Should your loved one have lost capacity to, for instance, manage their affairs an application for Deputyship can be made to appoint a Deputy to manage their affairs. This is usually a member of the family but it can also be professional Deputy such as a solicitor.

We can help you apply to the Court if you need permission from the Court to make decisions on someone else’s health, welfare, financial affairs or property and become a Deputy. This is applicable if there is no Lasting Power of Attorney in place.

Call us now on 01625 460 281 or email for a no obligation consultation from one of our expert lawyers. Alternatively complete our online enquiry form